Capture the best moments of your holiday and share amazing memories of Santorini with those you love, your family, your friends and even your social media community! Taking a great selfie can be challenging, and picking an outstanding location is imperative.
The caldera of Santorini, one of the most photographed places in the country offers innumerable chances for a great photo but if you are looking to get out of the beaten track and create truly unique snapshots, then try these 10 off-caldera spots for the best selfies!
- Megalochori with its quaint little square, especially in the evening, and its gorgeous steeples.
- The monastery of Prophitis Ilias with its panoramic views of the entire island.
- The Lighthouse of Akrotiri, for a photo at the tip of the island and by one of the prettiest lighthouses in the Aegean.
- The lunar scenery of Vlichada beach with the impressive water-beaten rock formations.
- The cliff-hanging chapel of Agios Nikolaos near Megalochori.
- The tiny haven of Ammoudi that used to be Oia’s old port and the neighbouring Baxedes beach.
- The underground canavas of Santorini, found mostly in Megalochori and in selected wineries around the island.
- The idyllic, hidden-from-the-world beach of Cambia, a rough hike behind the rocks of the famous White beach.
- The remains of the medieval castle of Pyrgos, with its narrow stone paved alleys and tiny chapels, but also with amazing panoramic views to the great vineyard of Santorini.
- Explore the underwater world of Santorini – for some the location of the real lost Atlantis- and impress everyone with the most impressive subaquatic selfies!
Capture the beauty of Santorini and its millions of faces, and commemorate your incredible experience with the most gorgeous – and most liked – selfies!
See more at: santorinigeelings.com